The Guernsey County Port Authority voted to accept the Harper-Hutchison developing from the city of Cambridge with the intent to instantly provide it to a local design enterprise.
The unanimous acceptance is contingent on a pending purchase present from the Jack Warne Building Firm for the two parcels, Heaps 9-10 Lofland on Steubenville Avenue on the city’s west side.
The present signed by Lori Warne Jones said the company will execute a hold harmless arrangement with the port authority.
Prior to transferring the house to the port authority for no expense, Cambridge officials will have to take the property from Ohio Bridge.
The transfer is a stipulation in the city’s approval to near a portion of Gomber Avenue to targeted visitors for a proposed building expansion by Ohio Bridge doing small business as U.S. Bridge.
Port Authority Govt Director Norm Blanchard informed board members prior to the vote the 3-tale making with a comprehensive basement was valued at $178,000 in 2018.
“There are 75 windows in the developing and some are broken now,” Blanchard said . “It also requires work finished to the roof where it leaks.”
Blanchard mentioned the port authority will study if a Stage I environmental analyze is vital prior to the proposed sale.
The creating now residences the neighborhood Top secret Santa program. Blanchard explained area officials have pledged to give a new location for Magic formula Santa if it is compelled to depart the building following the sale.
“Mystery Santa will be taken care of possibly way,” stated Blanchard.
Guernsey County Commissioner Skip Gardner assisted the port authority board with research such as obtaining tax maps prior to the vote.
The board once again discussed a assets on South 12th Road that was deeded from the town to the port authority for transfer to Bainbridge Providers, a Florida-based mostly group that manages, develops and invests in apartment communities.
Blanchard earlier claimed the first proposal for the residence was housing for senior citizens, but a lien on the land has introduced the procedure to a halt.
The lien was reportedly missed by a title enterprise prior to the transfer earlier this calendar year.
The port authority is maintaining legal responsibility insurance policies coverage on the residence. Blanchard explained the next predicted cost is house taxes owing in 2022.
A regulation agency symbolizing Bainbridge Companies has asked for a hold off for the transfer to their customer till at least Oct. 1.
Board members previously expressed irritation with the transfer and talked over the likelihood of transferring the land back to the town right until the situation is settled. Blanchard said there has not been any exercise on the lien for at the very least 15 yrs.
The board voted to post two 3-acre houses on Southgate Parkway owned by the port authority for annexation into Cambridge, as element of a four-assets proposal to accommodate a likely new business in the region.
There will be no value to the port authority.
Other items discussed by Blanchard incorporated:
- A Transportation Advancement District funding application for $77,000 submitted to the Ohio Office of Transportation to fund a portion of the $350,000 Turner Avenue improvement undertaking by the Town of Cambridge was denied. “They claimed there was not adequate private financial commitment,” said Blanchard, who also expressed worry for folks going for walks in the space at the intersection of Turner Avenue and Southgate Parkway. “It is really not a very good situation.” The project would boost a parking place and set up sidewalks at that locale.
- A $2.1 million funding request by Appalachian Partnership Inc. for expanding the D.O. Hall Business Park that was submitted through the office of U.S. Cong. Bill Johnson is even now pending U.S. Senate acceptance. The total expense of the challenge is $3,376,269 such as $2,615,949 for website planning. The funding ask for was permitted by the U.S. Dwelling of Representatives.
- An enlargement strategy by Rigid Device that demands the order of two adjacent plenty totaling 9.56 acres. No added details concerning the proposed growth were available.
- The Montrose Team submitted a draft for the County Strategic Plan on Aug. 16 with seven motion system methods. “These are points we are currently accomplishing and have been executing for a long time,” reported Blanchard. The 2020 targeted traffic counts for strategic locations in Guernsey County. The totals included 32,786 autos on Interstate 70 at the Southgate Parkway exit 21,387 on Interstate 77 at U.S. 40 18,552 on Southgate Parkway (Ohio 209) at Rural King and 8,211 on U.S. 22 (Wheeling Avenue) in downtown Cambridge. The combined website traffic at the I-70/I-77 interchange from the past report in 2017 dropped from 66,912 to 52,649 last year through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ohio Southeast Financial Development has expressed fascination in available office place in the county. Blanchard noted he submitted The Day-to-day Jeffersonian building that is for sale and lately toured the website with an Ohio Southeast agent. If the constructing is marketed, the Each day Jeffersonian will relocate to a smaller site.
The port Authority will subsequent meet up with on Oct. 14 in the conference area at the Group Advancement Company place of work, 9900 Brick Church Highway south of Cambridge.